Financial Needs of Cape Cod Youth Rowing
Rowing equipment is expensive to buy and maintain. A new eight shell costs well over $30,000. As rowing is the ultimate team sport on the water, it also takes team work from all participants and families in order to outfit a rowing program with the needed equipment.
Our ultimate goal is to raise approximately $15,000 per season in order to purchase and outfit the program with the needed equipment. We hope to accomplish this through sponsors, donations, grants, and grass roots fundraising. The program needs to invest upwards of $100,000 to outfit the program with used equipment or $250,000 for new equipment. Until we are able to make the proper investments in equipment, we have arranged to rent needed equipment.
Our wish list for the current season includes:
- $1200 for an Edon Training single
- $800 for a Skimmer training single
- $1000 for a Vepsoli single
- $6000 for a matched pair of Vespoli 4+
Ways you can help:
- Become a Sponsor
- Make a Donation
- Volunteer to help with events including fundraising efforts and regattas
- Participate in our various fundraising events by purchasing raffle tickets
Our team has been able to add the following equipment thanks to generous support from the Nauset Warrior Booster Club, the Cottage Street Bakery, and general fundraising and support from rowers and their families.
- $5200 for a 30′ enclosed trailer used for secure storage of equipment at the lake and during the off season.
- $4800 for six new Concept 2 Rowing Machines.
- $650 for two Coxbox Microphone Systems for rowing shells.
- $500 for a used 13′ Boston whaler and trailer.
- $1500 for a 1999 Dirigo 8 (Boys 8). Funded in large part by a donation from the Cottage Street Bakery.
- $2000 for two used 9.9 HP Mercury outboards.
- $1600 for a Dirigo 4x .
- $1000 for a Vespoli double.
- $800 for a used set of Concept 2 sweep oars.
- $350 for a 13′ used aluminum boat for coaching launch.
- $4000 for a 2002 Quantum 8 shell racing (Girls 8).
- $2500 for thirteen sets of used sculling blades.
- $2560 to begin purchasing sculling equipment. Donated in full by the Cottage Street Bakery.